A teacher for more than 25 years, Emmanuelle Scully enjoys working with students of every age, always with the goal of instilling a love for music and of exploring all that the violin offers.
Lessons are tailored to each student, working on right- and and left-hand technique and producing a beautiful tone, always encouraging students along the way.
4 Strings Studio offers:
- Yearly recitals
- Fun rewards to maintain good practice habits
-Engaging violin method tailored to ages 4-8
- For students playing in string orchestra, help with auditions or assigned music pieces
- Lessons for adults who are new to the instrument or returning to it after awhile
- Summer camps focusing on music theory, note reading, and rhythm skills
- Participation in the ASTA Certificate Advancement Program (ASTACAP), establishing goals and awards for students at all levels through non-competitive examinations.
Emmanuelle Boers-Scully, born in The Netherlands of Dutch-French parents, was just five when she started to play the violin.
She completed her studies at the Brabants Conservatorium in Holland, majoring in the violin. Over the years she has played in various symphony and chamber orchestras in Europe and the United States, while also teaching many students of all ages.
Next to her love for music is a love of art, and these come together in her newly released book Sing on the Violin: Rhythms and Songs for the Young Beginner. as both the author and illustrator. Emmanuelle lives in the Phoenix area with her husband and two sons.
4 Strings Studio offers private violin lessons and is located in the Scottsdale / Paradise Valley area, near Lincoln Drive and Scottsdale Road.